Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

Since it's the first leap day in three years, I decided to celebrate all things leap-ish.


My first leap thing is leap frog. This couple is really digging the leaping even though the guy looks like he is about to cry.



My second leap-ish thing is this tiger. According to the article attached to this photo the tiger was "eventually shot with a tranquilliser dart and captured before being taken aboard the fishing vessel". I like to think, however, that she was just taking a refreshing dip while about a Carnival Cruise!

Ryan Gosling is a product of a leap year birth! I would personally like to thank leap year for this beautiful hunk of gorgeous bearded man meat! =D

I also found some leap day superstitions (found directly on Wikipedia, so you know it's true)! Did you know that in Greece, a couple married on a leap year is destined to have bad luck? Also, in English speaking countries it is traditional that women can only propose on leap years. In Denmark, women can propose on Ferbruary 24th of a leap year and if her proposal is rejected then she must be compensated with 12 pairs of gloves. That makes no sense to me, but I guess someone could get it.

No comments: